The Equality Act 2010 legally protects people from discrimination in the workplace and in wider society.
It is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of:
- Being or becoming a transsexual person
- Being married or in a civil partnership
- Being pregnant or on maternity leave
- Have a disability
- Race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
- Religion, belief or lack of religion/belief
- Sexual orientation
Oakhaven is an Equal Opportunities employer and our services are provided fairly and non-discriminatory.
Dignity at work
We have procedures and policies in place that make staff aware of the issues surrounding many forms of discrimination including bullying, harassment, whistle-blowing, tackling violence, racial and other forms of discrimination.
Cultural Awareness Training
The Hospice has ongoing training on equality issues and a committee to challenge ourselves to ensure our policies and procedures are fair and non-discriminatory