Many thanks to Lymington Town Tours for a generous donation!
Our thanks to the Lymington Town Tours team, whose volunteer group has presented a cheque for £1,000 to Oakhaven Hospice. The funds have been raised from donations made during their guided history walks, which run from May to October each year. Micheal Lee and a group of ladies from Dorset Women's Institute presented the cheque to Jeremy Payne, Trustee of Oakhaven Hospice.
From one short walk in 1986, Lymington Town Tours now offers a repertoire of eleven guided walks in Lymington and Milford on Sea. Each leisurely walk is run by a volunteer and provides a fascinating insight into different aspects of life in and around the town.
From the Iron Age to the Normal Conquest to modern times, each walk will tell you about the town’s history, buildings and people. Where is Donkey Cottage? What is a crinkle crankle wall? Who exactly was JH and why do his initials appear in the Angel Hotel yard? Find out more about Lymington Town Tours at lymington-town-tours.co.uk - there’s no need to book, just turn up at the start, find the guide and walk!
Lymington Town Tours also offers private walks throughout the year and has a series of illustrated ‘armchair walks’ which can be booked for private functions and meetings.
The funds raised will help Oakhaven Hospice support local people throughout the New Forest, Totton and Waterside areas at the most difficult of times. As well as caring for patients in the Inpatient Unit and at the Day Hospice, Oakhaven helps patients with life-limiting illnesses in their own homes - around 300 at any time. Last year, Oakhaven cared for 1,394 patients and their families and loved ones, with around 3,200 visiting the Coates Centre to benefit from wellbeing support.
Only 11% of Oakhaven Hospice’s running costs are covered by statutory (NHS) funding. The remaining 89% is raised by donations, gifts in Wills, Oakhaven’s charity shops, the social enterprise Oakhaven Care Ltd and by fundraising events and activities. To make a donation, please visit oakhavenhospice.co.uk/how-to-donate