Volunteer Roles and Vacancies
Our volunteers are simply amazing: they give their time and energy to support Oakhaven, bringing a wealth of experience along with their commitment in wanting to help others and make a difference.
We are always looking for new people to join our team and here are a few of the reasons why giving the gift of time to Oakhaven can be a rewarding experience.
- Give something back to an organisation that has helped your family or friends
- Make a difference to people who are at the end of life
- Provide a listening ear to someone who is going through a difficult time
- Feel valued
- Meet new people
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- Use your existing skills and knowledge to help others
- Become part of the Oakhaven family
We are eternally thankful to all our volunteers who have given and continue to give their time to support Oakhaven and its community.
When people ask what they could do as a volunteer, the short answer is: almost anything. Volunteers support our work in every department. Some volunteers support the people and families we care for, others welcome visitors to Oakhaven, and some help in administrative roles. A large number work in our shops, whilst others assist on an occasional basis with fundraising activities.
If volunteering sounds right for you take a look through some of the roles to see how you could make a difference to the Oakhaven community.